Here is the step-by-step guide to build Headwind MDM launcher.
You can build on any OS. Ubuntu Linux 18.04 is preferred.
Note: the link is pointed to the Headwind MDM Community (github), if you would like to build Enterprise version, change the link to the private repository provided to you after purchasing the software.
1. Install Android Studio: https://developer.android.com/studio/install
2. Run Android Studio and download Android SDK when it prompts
3. Clone Headwind MDM from github:
git clone https://github.com/h-mdm/hmdm-android.git
Note: you may need to install git.
For Ubuntu Linux, use the command
apt install git
4. Open Headwind MDM project in Android Studio
5. Select Build - Make Project
6. Fix the "missing packages" issues by following the Android Studio recommendations.
7. After you get "Build success" message, you can either run the software on the phone (for testing and debugging), or generate APK.
To run the software on the phone, enable usb debugging and connect the phone to the computer, then click "Run" icon in Android Studio.
To generate APK, select Build - Build Bundle(s)/APK - Build APK.